Us

Us

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Homemade Peppermint Mocha - YUM

This year for some reason I have been loving peppermint mochas. Usually I prefer peppermint white mochas which are really quite different. But when I am not at work, the way I get my mocha made is just too expensive haha so I thought I would try to make one at home. Soo here's my recipe.

Milk - how much you want (I used around 2 cups of Almond milk)
Cocoa - how much you want (I should have used MORE than the 1 1/2 TBSP's I used)
Peppermint extract - how much you want (I should have used LESS than the 1 TBSP I used - feel like I just brushed my teeth!)
Sugar - how much you want (I should have used MORE than the almost 1/4 cup I used.. I might have only used an 1/8 cup)
Coffee - Brewed to extra extra strength (I doubled what I would normally drink as a cup of coffee)

Put your coffee on to brew. Combine milk, cocoa, peppermint and sugar in a teeny saucepan. Heat on medium and stir or whisk so it doesn't burn and the ingredients combine. Once heated pour half a mug with your hot chocolate mix and fill up with coffee. Delish (once I added two scoops of hot chocolate mix haha!)

Ok so. This post is comical to me because it is not a complete recipe ha! And it wasn't even successful for me ha! But I thought I would share because I am pretty sure with the right proportions it would be just an excellent way to make a homemade peppermint mocha!

Enjoy!
With Love.

3 comments: