Us

Us

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Homemade Pumpkin Spice


Yesterday I had the day off, and since it is getting chilly out here in Airdrie my mind was in the fall already. I decided to make pumpkin spice syrup so that I won't need to go to Starbucks to get my pumpkin spice latte and so that it could be a bit more healthy as well. So this is what I cooked up:

1/3 cup agave syrup
1 cup water
2/3 cup pumpkin purée
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves

I just put it all into a saucepan and stirred it till it had boiled down a bit and was a little thicker. (I sort of changed it a little based on the first pumpkin spice recipe I came across when I googled it.) it doesn't make my coffee taste much like pumpkin but it is a nice fall spiced drink, and maybe if you tried it you would taste pumpkin and maybe I am crazy. I put it in a nice glass bottle and stuck it in the fridge :) yay fall!

With love.

1 comment: