Us

Us

Monday, October 10, 2011

Turkey Phases 2 & 3


So after having put my precarious aluminum roasting pan full of turkey in the oven on top of a cookie sheet, we waited 4 hours and then it came time to see if my plan had worked and if we were actually able to remove the turkey from the oven to take the tinfoil off.. teehee.. it worked! yay! So this is our turkey still needing 1 hour of crispifying!

I was a little worried at this point that we would end up with a Christmas Vacation turkey because the thermometer seemed to already be reading the temperature that indicates the turkey is ready.. :S But somehow miraculously 1 hour later it read 170 degrees again haha and the turkey was crispy and done!

And then Ian got to do the honors of carving his very first turkey!

And we had all the usual fixings to go along, Ian said it tasted just like we were at my parents for Thanksgiving aww..



And we were all excited to eat it but my picture taking skills were not up to snuff...


And the finished product was delicious and the turkey was moist yum!

And then after we ate too much food we watched a movie and it was very relaxing :) After all of the trauma of preparing a turkey I think I will most likely do this all over again whenever the occasion arises :)

Hope everyone had a relaxing thanksgiving weekend!

With love.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog! :) Your turkey dinner looks delicious!! Good job with the whole turkey preparation- I do not know how I'm going to do that!Ha. ..I'm going to send you an email instead of writing a ridiculously long comment on here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Looks perfect! Now we know where to have Thanxgiving next year! Love you!!! Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lady, I saw you last night at starbucks...but then got distracted before I could call out to you and then you were gone. How are you?

    ReplyDelete